Personal and Cultural Evolution
In this one-day workshop, based in systems thinking, participants explore five aspects of personal growth and see their contribution to cultural evolution, the evolution which I consider very necessary if humanity is to cease wrecking the planet.
After establishing guidelines for safety I introduce two communication skills, acknowledging feelings as a listener and speaking one’s personal truth, to be practiced throughout the day. Then using think, pair, share we explore
- The urge to creative expression
- Beyond Piaget: adult development
- Plateau and crisis: evolution in inanimate systems
- Conscious skills to replace unconscious habits
- Dealing with grief to come to the present moment
Participants learn skills that are very useful in personal life and develop new perspectives and close connections with one-another.